Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Flash of Production


Any way you cut it... any way you define it... I'm a genuine first class procrastinator. I can procrastinate with the best'em. In fact, you could say I put the pro in procrastinate. I'm not sure where I got this talent or how long it took me to hone this skill, but I would bet it has something to do with the combination of me wanting to do things just right and me wanting to avoid stepping out of my routine.

That being said, every once in a while, I will have a productive streak. A time when I get a lot done and feel really energized while finishing task after task. It can last a little as a few hours or snowball over the course of several days.

Thankfully, I have recently been in such a productive mode. Very cool. Here's a list of items I've accomplished since Monday: changed the oil on the Altima, fixed a fan, replaced the a/c air filter, built Kaia's play shopping cart, fixed the toilet, did insurance stuff, finished some design work, organized part of the garage, etc.

Even as I'm writing this list, the items seem so insignificant and simple. But these are things that I keep putting off and putting off. They take me forever to do and collectively they become daunting.

Here's to the snowball continuing...

2 comments:

Eileen Short said...

Lots of checks on the checklist! You've been doing a lot...like taking extra care of Kaia and I...can't beat yourself up too much about procrastination.
Oh, and you make procrastinating look good. :)

Abby Green said...

Nice work!! Can't wait to see the shopping cart...and the cute lil' girl behind it. :)