Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"...and this bed is just right"

I came home from playing tennis tonight to find an odd sight. The house was quiet, which wasn't all that abnormal since Kaia should be sleeping and Eileen would usually be found on the couch doing some school work. However, tonight it felt really quiet.

I walked thru the house and didn't find Eileen, so I headed back to our room since that must be where she was. Well, she was there, but so was someone else. This is the sight I was treated with:


So cute! Anyway, after I put Kaia back into her bed, I heard the whole story from Eileen.

Kaia was put to sleep at her normal time, roughly the same time I left for tennis. Everything was normal until Eileen heard Kaia call for her. (Side note: Kaia never has any trouble staying in her bed. She's always done really well with that and we're blessed that she goes to sleep so well.) So, when Kaia called for Mom, Eileen went to check on her. When arriving at Kaia's room, there was no little girl. Eileen heard Kaia again, and this time the cute little voice was apparently coming from our master bedroom. Kaia had brought all of her sleeping essentials (lovey, blankies, stuffed animals, dolls, etc) into our bed and snuggled up amongst our big pillows and jazz. Hilarious. Eileen joined her and Kaia began cuddling with her. Eileen couldn't resist and so that's how I found my beautiful girls when I got home.

Awww...