So, here's a real, before picture of our bedroom in late October. I know it looks like we messed it up intentionally. (disclaimer: if you're one of those incredibly organized friends of mine (ahem J.H., M.G., A.G., R.L.) and seeing a *really* messy room might jeopardize your friendship with me, then please, please close this window NOW!!!) :)
Tonight, after returning from dinner with some girlfriends, David and I channeled our energy toward tidying up. :) We still have a small box of stuff to go through (you can see it on the dresser near the window)and a few more items to find homes for, but I think you'll agree...drastic difference! We want to paint the walls behind the bed and the window wall...I just want it to be calming (not red)...any suggestions?


Oh, also organized our bathroom. :) Couple things that helped to clear off the countertop was 1) putting my curlers in the drawer (& David drilling holes in the cabinet to get the cord to an outlet. You can see the drilled hole in the last pic of this post) and 2) installing a hair dryer holster on the side of the cabinet (thx D!).


So, I'm gonna be brave and tell you my next project...maybe I'll actually get it done before spring. :) Kaia's closet (was supposed to clean this the week before her due date, but that's when she decided to join us). What's yours?
5 comments:
Oooh I'm envious! My room is worse than yours was, and my closet too! I do pretty good and keeping the kids rooms picked up, and Jer does pretty good at the kitchen... but our room and closet are junk piles!
I *really* hope that the R.L. in the post wasn't for me. Because my bedroom looks very similar to yours...
Maybe that's what I'll do today... I'll take before and after pics, too. But I can't put them on my blog. I'm not that brave. I am super proud of you, though...
I think it's easy for the bedroom to become a catch-all, because we want every other room to be clean. Kind of sad, though, that it's the one room that we spend the most time in... though we're sleeping during that time...
Hmmm...
My next organization project is all my millions of photos. I literally have over 30 photo albums and half of them are full of blurry/dark pictures of youth retreats and t.p.ing adventures. Considering the amount of precious storage space they take up, it's time to get them digitized and out of albums. I found a company to scan them all for 10 cents a photo so now I just need to organize them all into ziplock bags by year. It is quite the undertaking. I'm looking forward to the end result but not the process to get there. Your room looks smokin!
I'm at work right now, so I can't take the time to find the post, but I'll have to send you a blog post I did within the last year of when I let our kitchen (whole house for that matter) get sooo messy while Ryan was gone that I couldn't find my wallet. Turns out, it was in a bowl of something that looked like dried up yogurt remains or something like that...quite disgusting, but freeing at the same time. :)
Next project...I think just moving (back) into our house and going through all of the storage bins in our garage.
p.s. I love that you can even see the vacuum lines in the carpet! Calming colors...I'll be thinking. :) We painted our room a light purple, and I love it...but Kaia's room is already purple. Light blue? Or is that too much blue with your carpet?
Post a Comment